I’m Charlene. The writer of this blog, but more than that, a happy Clevelander who can’t get enough of this city.
Besides that, I’m a young professional (I’m still considered that even though I’m 30 now, right?) working at an integrated advertising agency in account management. In between my career, freelance work, and this blog, you can often find me out in the city that I love. Whether enjoying happy hour or dinner at one of our amazing restaurants, grabbing a beer with co-workers at one of our favorite bars, watching one of the Cleveland sports teams or attending a fundraising event for one of the more than worthy CLE non-profits, I absolutely adore everything about Cleveland.
Other things I can’t get enough of: laughing – nonstop, shopping, tailgating, chick flicks, wine, driving in my Ford Focus Titanium, wine again, the color pink, really bad pop music (i.e. Call Me Maybe), volunteering, a great pair of heels, summer nights on patios in CLE, weddings, Pinterest, Starbucks (bit of an addict), flip flops. And maybe most importantly – my family and friends.
Some other random facts about me?
- I work best under pressure. I can’t decide yet if that’s a good thing or not.
- I can multi-task all day, everyday. Yet am easily distracted.
- There’s not much I love more than convos with The BFF. (Want to know who I’m talking about? It’s this guy.)
- Dawson’s Creek is still my favorite show. And I was a Pacey and Joey girl.
- I started out working in non-profit marketing and fundraising. Now that I’m out of that career, there’s not much I love more than volunteering.
- I had thyroid cancer.
- I went to private school my entire life. Not necessarily by choice but I’m thankful for that option.
- Besides The BFF, I am still best friends with my high school best friend Becky. She’s my other rock.
- There aren’t many people that I will allow to interrupt my hour “me-time” on Thursday nights during Grey’s Anatomy.
- I consider myself really lucky to have some amazing coworkers who make me laugh, let me vent, allow me to have my dance parties and teach me everyday.
- I really love bad pop music. I have no problem admitting that I rock out to One Direction, Carly Rae and more.
- MS scares me. A lot.
- I’m a workaholic. I’d rather be busy than not have something to do.
Disclaimer: This is Charlene’s personal profile. The views and opinions expressed here are hers.
**Special Thanks to Carrie (aka Graphic Diva Design) for her fantastic work on my blog header!**
Need to reach me? Want to chat about why I love the CLE?
Email me at lifeinthecle(at)gmail.com.